Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Brave...rude...admired

I was thinking I didn't really have anything to share; but Tracy brought it to my attention that I didn't share a particularly mortifying story about Bailey from a couple of weeks ago.

There is a custodian at GES that has been there for as long as I can remember. Mrs. Jenkins is very intimidating; and while Mama and I get along great with her, a lot of people don't. You learn to just agree with her. She's a much better friend than enemy...but I love her. Luckily, she loves me and my girls, too. The first thing you get to know about Mrs. Jenkins is that she is there to work, and you are in her way. When she's busy, you'd better NOT bother her. She was vaccuuming the media center the other day, when Bailey (much to every witness' horror) very loudly asked her to "please turn that OFF...I CAN'T concentrate!" ...Pause for horrified gasp.... Then, much to the shock of everyone in the media center...SHE DID! She waited around a few minutes to satisfy the little diva, then went back about her business. When she turned the vaccuum back on...Miss Attitude went over to her and said "Umm...did you forget what we talked about?" O.....M.....G....I have never been so mortified. Bailey is now a LEGEND!! When I apologized to Mrs. Jenkins for Bailey's rudeness, she said "Don't you get onto that baby...she's just mature." MATURE!?!?! MATURE!?!?! Disrespectful, rude, brave, diva......NOT mature! Ugh...Lord please help me...

2 comments: