Thursday, October 22, 2009

Horror!!

The girls are starting to spit teeth out like it's nothing! The very first one was about 30 minutes of pure terror because Emi didn't understand what was happening to her. Once I explained that it was normal--exiting even--she retreated to the playroom and came back with the tooth in her hand. Every tooth that they have lost has been easy peazy. The moment a tooth wiggles, they want it OUT! The last on Bailey lost had to be pulled, and I just could not make myself do it. I can remember the yucky sound it made when I was a kid...and I just couldn't make myself pull that tooth. Jamie ended up trying to pull it, and Bailey helped him out. Between the two of them, they finally got it. No wimpy girls here!!

Both of the girls have been trying to get their right front tooth out for about a week. It's been a race to see who could get it out first. Today, I went to get the girls from Mama and Daddy, and saw the grodiest (Word? Sure.) thing EVER! They were eating corn on the cob (a fave) and struggling with it. Both of them were gnawing with the side of their mouth...funny stuff. Emi smiled at me, and THIS is what I saw...


EWW!! My baby had a "Bubba tooth"...lol!! What's worse is, Jamie is out of town...EEEK! I knew I had to pull that tooth, there was no option. Let me just tell you, the "rrrrip" was every bit as bad as I imagined it....but the payoff (the lisp) was SOOOO worth it!! She was ticked that I was teasing her at first, and I explained why she sounded funny. She laughed at herself all the way home, and called Jamie to let him hear how funny she sounds. Good times!!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Well, you just make us a little video so we can share in this little moment too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, Kylie. Good times! But, I'm with Melissa.... WE WANT VIDEO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agreee, it is the grossest thing ever! A kid in class will come in with a front tooth pointing right at me, and every time he moves his tongue to talk, it is like it's doing a little dance in there!!!! Ewww......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Send them to me. I pull Thomas & Dawson's because Tammy is like you, she will NOT pull one.They would swallow it first. Thomas said I was the "best tooth puller ever!" Dawson let me pull his first one when he wouldn't even let his daddy do it. Nothing to it!

    ReplyDelete