Saturday, September 12, 2009

Let me brag.....

Last night Tammy and I went to Statesboro for a quick trip to the Hob Lob, WalMart (shoot me), and grab a bite (and a sip) at The Hat...yummo!! Didn't take any pics because Tammy probably would have stabbed me with her fork. It was trickier than you may think to get out of the house with no kids, and trust that they would be fed (Tammy's almost weren't). When I made it home, Mama decided to make one more attempt at getting Bailey to spend the night by herself. At first we got the "No way, Jose!" reaction, but after bribing her with donuts for breakfast and showing her what the room looked like when you leave the closet light on and shut the door, she was sold. Believe it or not...Emi cried all the way home because she would miss Bailey sooo much. When I picked Bailey up this morning, she reported that she slept in her room allll night, and she even used Papa's bathroom (the scary one) by herself. Yipppeee!! Some of you know what a huuuge deal this is, because of all that we've been going through lately.

I started typing this post this morning, and didn't finish. Of course I have a couple of funnies...

1) Emi informed me tonight that the beef stew I made for supper was (and I quote) "the 3rd foulest thing I've ever eaten". That would have really offended me if we hadn't watched an episode of Spongebob last night with that on it.

2) I had the girls tell ME a bedtime story tonight, and here is Emi's story...

"Once upon a time there was a beautiful queen named Miss Kylie. One day she went to the Dr. to get princesses cut out of her tummy, while the king stayed home in bed and watched t.v. (I almost wet my pants...). When the Dr. got her fast asleep he cut her tummy and took the princesses out and sewed her up. When she woke up, she decided to name me Emilyn and call me Emi for short, and she named my sister Bailey (and Bailey piped up, "people call me my whole name, which is Bailey"). Then they came home and lived happily ever after. (I assume the king is still in bed watching t.v.)

Those girls are ALWAYS good for a laugh........

3 comments:

  1. FUNNY! That is way better than any bedtime story I've read in a while! The men play very minor roles, even children know!!!
    And yes, C sleeps with his closet light on too every night! That was a LOL post!

    ReplyDelete