Saturday, November 7, 2009

Free labor??

I absolutely love this time of year! The girls want to stay outside and play as long as possible because the weather is so mild in the afternoons. No extreme heat, and not too cool. Thursday was one of those days when I had to drag them inside to get them fed and bathed before my chat started. I went out one time to check on them, and Emi was a very busy girl. There is ONE pine tree right in the area of the yard where they play; and she had decided to pick up the pine cones. I watched her for a second before I had to go get the camera...I couldn't quite figure out what she had in her hand....

She was using the plastic carton that sidewalk chalk "eggs" came in to pick up the pine cones, "because they're sharp". Here's the task she tackled (about 1/3 finished).

Here's the pile she started. Quite a nice little pile. I have no clue what she plans to do once they're all piled up. She finished yesterday afternoon....I'll have to post a pic of her completed project.

Have I mentioned I despised picking up pine cones when I was a kid?!?! Yet my girl is doing it voluntarily! Hmmmm


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Peanut butter and birdseed! You'll have birds galore! LOL! Or cut out handprints and they'll have lots of turkeys for Thanksgiving gifts for the grandparents, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh!!! That is the worst job ever!!! I don't do it very often :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you remember our moms used to bribe us with a blizzard if we picked up all the pine cones at Grandma's?!?! Whata rip off.
    Helpful Hint #1: Do not plant any trees in your yard when you build your house. No pecan trees, no pine trees, no magnolia trees. Just live in an open field (like me)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! My very few memories from living on 301 include walking by the wheelbarrow picking up pine cones! Ugh...hello...we moved when I was FOUR! That's got to be against the law....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonder if she can rake me some pine straw now that the area is clear?

    ReplyDelete