Sunday, March 7, 2010

A glimpse into our insanity......

My children cannot behave at school, so we spent a GORGEOUS Saturday inside the house!! Since I haven't posted in several days, and don't have anything major to tell....I thought I would share a few random funnies. (We have a surplus around here)

The girls like to snack on baby carrots (I know...awesome). I keep them in a Tupperware container in the fridge, so they can grab a handful and go. Friday when they got home from school, they asked if they could have a snack. Jamie told them they could, and went into the other room. He said Bailey yelled "EWWWWW!!! Daddy, we have to throw the carrots away--they're ROTTEN!!" On his way into the kitchen, he heard Emi say, "Baileyyyy....those are sausages!" HAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA....it was a container of lil' smokies....NOT carrots!

Bailey informed Jamie that she "doesn't want to grow up--she doesn't want to have a baby cut out of her tummy, and doesn't want to be bothered with kids"....HA!

Emi's "punishment" this week has been to read during her down time. They both love to read, but are too lazy to work on chapter books. Emi was in her room reading for a good half-hour Thursday, and emerged whining "I just can't TAKE any more reading...I'M BORED!!!" I went and got a clipboard and several sheets of notebook paper and wrote, "I will not play in the lunchroom" at the top. I handed it to her and said "fill it up"; to which she replied (cheerfully) "You know...this book is REALLY getting quite interesting!"

During one of the (many) parent lectures this week with Emi....I asked what she thought was an appropriate punishment for her. I went on to ask if she thought Mam-ma and Papa would have let me get in trouble THAT many times at school and go unpunished. Her response was a very thoughtful "that could work", complete with a chin rub. Jamie covered his face and I turned my head until we could get a grip. WHAT?!?!?! That answer did not make ONE BIT of sense.....UGH!! Let me beat my head against the nearest wall!!

I am so very blessed....and so very, VERY thankful for those blessings. But, "Lord, please grant me the patience to DEAL with those blessings!!!!!!!!" (Tammy and I saw that quote somewhere and found it oh-so-appropriate! LOL!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that gilrs do the same things that boys do!! :) I can definitely relate to these stories! We have had some of the same moments around here, and when we take something away, their response is..."that's not fair", and I respond with "life not's fair". They DO NOT like to hear me say that!! Maybe today will be a great day for everyone!! :) WE ARE SO BLESSED!! (Sorry for such a long comment!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! You sound just like us. Jamie's response is "Fair's where you get cotton candy." So now the girls have learned to say, "it's not fair, and NOT the kind with cotton candy and rides....the kind that means RIGHT!" You're right...we are SO VERY BLESSED!!

    ReplyDelete