Monday, April 12, 2010

Catching up and some news..

ARGH!! I am SO behind on my posts! I have tons of pics...I will post them ASAP, but in the interest of getting family off my back, I'm updating. Emi and Bailey turned 7 on March 29. We had a great party the Saturday before, complete with cute luau decorations and a bounce house. I tried to post that very night, and my memory card was corrupt. STRESS!! It took a couple of days, quite a bit of panic, and about $40; but I recovered the pics. I would have been totally devastated to lose all of them! Needless to say, after that fiasco, I was too aggravated and stressed to post. :)

As a sort of late birthday/anniversary celebration, we spend a few nights on Jekyll Island for Easter/Spring Break. We went down on Saturday for the big egg hunt. It was a lot of fun. Monday, we went to the Jax zoo. It was the girls' first trip, and they LOVED it. I was super happy to have my new camera and zoom lens along for the ride!

Now....exciting news! Today I was offered a teaching position for next year!!! YIPPEEE!! I am SO thrilled...I could just burst! Of course, I haven't signed a contract yet, but it looks like I will be teaching first grade at Smiley Elementary. I would love to be where my girls are, but I absolutely ADORE Smiley. It is an amazing school, and a wonderful place to work. God is so, SO good!! To have a job offered to me in April, during a time of furloughs and job loss, when everyone is afraid for their job, is SUCH a blessing! When I prayed for a great day this morning, and the chance to make a difference in my students' lives, I never dreamed that the opportunity would present itself that VERY day!! I have a LOT to be thankful for. :)

3 comments:

  1. HOO-RAY!!!! You certainly are blessed. I'm thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super excited for you! I know you would love being near E & B but you are right-to have a job offer this early in these uncertain times is a blessing. You will be an amazing teacher no doubt, & I believe that the administrators at Smiley recognized that. Good luck!
    P.S. Thanks for updating your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad ur back!!! That is great news Kylie! I KNOW you are a great teacher!

    ReplyDelete